For many commercial outdoor and indoor operations, there are much better options when it comes to lighting. Making a better choice can positively contribute to many different aspects of our personal and national economic condition. One benefit, which almost no one would deny, is the ability to reduce your monthly electrical bill by 30% – 50%. Some businesses get so caught up in increasing profits that they forget that some simple changes can greatly reduce operating costs.
Replacing or retrofitting your commercial indoor and outdoor light fixtures can make a profound difference on your overall energy costs. In some case, this type of job performed by your electrician in Los Angeles can pay for itself within 24 months. This means that you will start reaping the full benefits of that savings at 100% within just a couple years. In many cases, the amount that you save each month will cover the financing expenses associated with financing a project such as this.
In addition to saving money, many businesses choose to embark on a lighting retrofit project in order to go green. Regardless of the size of your business, there are a number of different opportunities when it comes to using more energy efficient light technologies. The following are some of these:
- Replacing all incandescent light bulbs with CFL or LED bulbs
- Replacing HID fixtures in parking garages with more efficient LEDs or Fluorescents
- Retrofitting or replacing outdated fluorescent fixtures with more energy efficient alternatives
- Using Outdoor Pole-mounted Fluorescents rather than parking-lot HID pole-mounted fixtures
- Replace standard light switches with smart occupancy sensors and dimmer switches
- Use ceiling-mounted occupancy sensors in places such as gyms, cafeterias, meeting rooms and hallways
Simply put, the best place to start when it comes to lowering the electricity usage of your lighting is to replace higher consumption bulbs with lower consumption alternatives. If you want more information on lighting retrofits or the best energy-efficient option for you, contact our team at H Electric.